Saturday, April 7, 2012

Fast or Feast

So I sit here a changing man. A couple of weeks ago I was reading more articles on weight loss. I found one about fasting and it intrigued me. There are several ways to fast. You have the classic nothing but water and vitamins. You have the alternate day fast. One day you eat regular then fast the next day, resulting in switching on and off. You have the juicing fast. Then you have what I tried which is a calorie restriction fast. I realized that what I am doing is working but I wanted to kick it in high gear. So for three days I lived off of water, vitamins, V8, protein shakes, and some oatmeal. It brought me to an average of 1500 calories. Fasting is a great way to cleanse or detox the body. I felt fantastic. The toxic sludge from the edible trash was cleansing out of my system. I could feel the weight lifting or so it seemed. It's not really about the weight anymore it's about how I feel.


But when I got home I had chores to do. At home I am becoming more active. So my body needed more calories. I went back to 1800 and was fine. Within a week I had lost 2 pounds while I was on this "fast" on the truck. This week I am consuming more but not by much. Next week it's back to calorie restriction.


I know what you might be thinking. "Wow Steve. You're a dumbass!" But hear me out. In the truck I am sedentary. There is no need to be consuming 2000 + calories. In fact that is one of the big problems in this country besides the food supply is that we consume too much. look around. Open your eyes. look at the size of the people on the street. The size of the kids. We have an epidemic and it's not taking me down.

No comments: