Monday, February 27, 2012

A Week From Hell

Guess what? I had a crappy week. (as if the title didn"t clue you in) Not crappy in the mile sense, miles were good. But I worked my ASS off to get them. And mostly it was due to ignorance.

So I could tell you how I hurried all of Monday only to sit at a Walgreen's distribution center for 8 hours to unload. I could tell you how that screwed up my sleeping schedule and I was on third shift hours for most of the week. I could tell you how a broker, and a paper mill had no regard to my hours or my need of parking. I could also tell you about the race I had against my clock, the customer appointment time, and a funeral for a state trooper that was gonna shut down the interstate. I could tell you about how in one day I faced extremely dense fog, snow, ice, rain, mountains, and an engine alarm going off every five minutes because I was low on coolant. Not low enough to hurt but the sensor would get out of whack when I hit a steep grade. I could also tell you about how I learned at the last minute that big trucks aren't allowed on US30 through Gettysburg, PA. I could tell you about my uturn and my detour through these small Amish trails.I could also tell you about my 8 hour load time in Bolingbrook, IL. And about how it's partially the fault of the guy who never came and told me I was loaded. And I could tell you how it was originally a one stop in OKC but a second stop was added at the last minute putting me back on the road at 2 am tomorrow.

I could tell you all about this crap but I am not going to. There is already too much negativity in the trucking industry. There is too much negativity in the world for that matter.

So let's be positive. Tomorrow is a new day. I was able to get through the yard. Got a shower at the house,had some sushi for lunch, and I restocked my cooler with fresh good whole foods. The next few days I will only pick up 7s and 8s for hours giving me time for some exercise. Not only that but a friend fixed my laptop. So now I can blog more. Try to stay positive.

No comments: