Sunday, February 19, 2012

Read the labels

I found a new motivating factor in my change of eating habits. This website http://www.mnn.com/food/healthy-eating/stories/8-creepy-mystery-ingredients-in-fast-food

It's a list of some of the crap that is put in our "food" on purpose. Ingredients like wood and duck feathers. I was literally grossed out by this article. Now I have a rule. I read everything before I eat it. Not just calories but what's in it. My perception of packaged food is changing to point of being disgusted. The packaged food industry is killing us slowly for profit gains. I have had enough. Unfortunately I work in an industry that I face this stuff every day. Truck stops are nothing but large convenience stores. Convenience stores are nothing but peddlers for this crap. I wish they could adapt the outlook that walmart has taken. Walmart has a lot of healthy choices. Yes they still peddle the crap but they usually have a good produce and meat selection. Nothing but pure ingredients for me from here on out. (enter Rocky theme here)

No comments: