Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Trial and Error

Well here is the update. Upon counting calories again I saw how much I was eating. It had gone up like I suspected due to my experiments.

One experiment was to not snack at all. All that did was made me buy more at the truck stops. So I picked low carb items but still it kinda screwed everything up. Plus it became expensive.

So I saw a thing on youtube about Juicing. Having a juicer on the truck just isn't a doable thing. But I went through the juice isle and found the juices with the best ingredients. This is a work in progress as I wasn't able to do a juice fast and here is why. When I sit at a customer, or wait for a load, or drive long hours I get bored. I have discovered that I snack/eat out of boredom. Because of this revelation I am loading up on cut veggies again. So even if I am snacking most of the day it's fresh veggies. I did this at my most productive weight loss period and it keeps me from devouring the good smelling bad food out of starvation.

For this week I have cut squash, celery, radishes, bell peppers, pineapple, and cucumbers. I still have a decent supply of juices. Oh and I am supposed to have a trainee this week which will help the boredom. Either way I am still on this journey.

No comments: