Sunday, November 6, 2011

Enter insomniac title here.

Well here I sit at 3am unable to sleep. I have to be back at work in 2 hours but it's an easy run except for where I deliver tomorrow doesn't have overnight parking and has a 04:30 appointment time. That doesn't mix well for e-logs.

This week has been an interesting week as far as hearing what my trucker friends have been going through. There are four drivers from Transland I talk to regularly and three from other companies I talk to as well. I wish I could do a reality trucking show similar to Ice road truckers Starring all my friends. I think it would make great TV.

This latest trainee I have is doing well. I was really nervous at first because he did not get along with his first trainer at all so I thought I was getting someone with an attitude. Thankfully that has not been the case with me and this dude is easy to get along with. I am gonna chalk it up to personality conflicts for the first trainer fail. Sometimes these old school truckers just don't understand what a newbie has to go through with trucking school and having to be in someone else's truck for a long period.

Another development I used my smart phone and downloaded an app from myfitnesspal.com It is awesome. I now have a couple of friends on there as well. So now my healthy change is not gonna be by myself but with the help and support of others. A friend of mine even decided to start blogging and I encourage my followers to follow his blog. It's http://cdldiet.blogspot.com

How are my changes going? Well.... let's say I know what not to do.

No comments: