Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy father's day!

Last year I spent father's day in Tye, TX. I was still wet behind the ears in my truck. I have been reflecting on that because it seems like yesterday but also a long time ago. The road has taught me so much since then. This week has been slow so when I got a trip through Springfield I thought at least I was gonna have a father's day at home. I got in friday am and was told to wait for a phone call. Sure enough friday pm I get a call saying I was gonna have to leave in the morning, deliver in WI for sunday am, and get layover for sitting until monday. So I thought my plans were shot. Just as I was fully prepared to go out I get another call saying nevermind. My new assignment was to go to midlothian, TX with a D&h due Monday. That will make my check next week low but my family happy. That's what matters. I have had a good month in miles so I can take an occasional slow week.

Another thing happened on friday. I was trotting along and safety caught me. "Hey Steve, what's your truck number? he asked. I replied, "Uhmmmm I don't know." I followed with a big grin. I knew what was coming. Starting Monday I will be on a trial period of ELECTRONIC LOGGING. Swell. I will keep everyone updated on that. Well gotta go to texas. See ya.

1 comment:

Terry said...

ACK!! computer logs !! Yeah, I cannot wait to hear how this turns out...Not saying it is a bad thing...I just dont think I could do it...Good luck.and Happy Fathers Day!!