Monday, March 31, 2014

Final Transland Post.

April 15th 2008 is when I started driving for TCSI/Transland. In 15 days I will have been with them for 6 years. It seems fast but also a long time ago. I am a much different driver now. I know so much more about the game, but I still desire to learn more. Especially about the business side of it. In six years I have gone from rookie to trainer. I have had 4 trucks. Two of which were brand spanking new. I should be expecting a third one within the month. I have blogged my adventures and have given you the ups and downs. My blog has gotten Transland some drivers. There was even a whole thread on Truckersreport.com message board about me, my blog and how this company was treating me. Here are some of the things I am learning. 1. Cheap freight is the root of a lot of evil in this industry. Anytime I have long dock times, bad shippers, and bad recievers I noticed these are poorly ran customers that barely pay anything. 2. For a trucking company to do well you need two things: 1. Strong freight base and 2. Treat your drivers well. Companies that are huge like Swift, Werner etc have a strong base but it's quantity not quality. However they do not treat their drivers well. Then you have a small 5 truck company that treats drivers like gold but then does not have the base. 3. The more one knows the more one can understand.

No comments: