Sunday, June 17, 2012

Eye of The Tiger!

Change I think is portrayed in movies in a wrong way. Usually you have the Rocky music montage moment where a person has the Aha thing and boom! Change has been made. My change has been more like This Old House. Laying a foundation seems key. I have lost weight before but it's different this time. I am making changes that are sticking. I am realizing just how many poisons have been eating at me for years. Sometimes it's overwhelming. But I am building this "house" and it has to be strong. Good food on the truck has been a serious challenge and it's been eating away slowly (no pun intended) at my patience. It's hard to build a house when your tools are crap. It's the road. It is my enemy.

Check this out. My family and I went on vacation last week. Most people gain weight during vacation. I lost weight. We went and spent a week in St. Louis and saw the sights. Being off the road did good for my health. I guess I just need to make it work because I can't just quit my job. Time to get the blueprints out.

1 comment:

Danielle Luko said...

You're so right about change being like building a house with a great foundation. Any kind of change -- health, weight, kindness, patience, etc.

The road is your enemy; the sedentary job in front of a computer 10-12 hours a day is my enemy. Yes, I can go find an exercise class and I bring healthy foods to work daily. So can you - and you're doing such a great job of it, slowly but surely.

I typically lose weight on vacation as well. Even though I eat more goodies, I get out there and move my body and walk. No sitting in front of a PC, and no sitting in front of a TV at night.

Congratulations on having such a good vacation to refuel your body and mind. Keep up the good work!