Saturday, April 2, 2011

A trip to the desert.



The week before last things changed in my life that had me in a much better state of mind. Something I had struggled with finally had a breakthrough. It was a good thing because my morale out here on the road has been getting lower and lower. But every now and then my job rewards me with a trip that makes this job a lot easier.

My travel agent called with a good news/bad news scenario. Bad news I was leaving Saturday but good news is that I was going to Phoenix, AZ. I love driving out west. I use to live in Phoenix and I still have a piece of me there. The Ozarks and the desert is where I am most comfortable. I love driving out west. Sure I have no issue with going into the northeast but I feel best out west.

I delivered in Phoenix and had a load going from Phoenix to Las Cruces New Mexico. After an easy and early morning delivery I found myself waiting and waiting. The worst part of trucking. They had to get me to the yard so I knew they were searching for the right load. Well I was finally sent a brokered load to deadhead to El Paso, TX where I was picking up a load going to Connecticut.

The reason they had to get me to the yard is because I was to have a trainee start with me Sunday. So Thursday morning I get a message that I was gonna get a new truck. I was going from my Volvo to a Kenworth T660. A much smaller truck in interior so I knew moving was gonna be difficult. More on this story in the next post.



No comments: