Monday, December 6, 2010

rules

My next load was short haul. I was going to Lenexa, KS picking up sodie pop going 230 miles to Rolla, MO.

This was all done without incident. Tuesday morning I get unloaded and waited at the Loves parking lot for my next load. It was a two hour wait but then my next message from headquarters sent a shiver down my spine.

I was to deadhead to Jefferson City, MO where I was to pull FIVE trailers that were loaded off the customer's lot and bring them to a storage place. The loads by contract had to be off the lot by midnight and the last one was gonna be mine going to my favorite city of Newark, NJ.

Despite the lack of good directions, proper trailer and load numbers, getting lost looking for a storage place that had moved from across the street to 15 miles west of jeff city, I managed to finish my daycab work day within the hours I had. EXCEPT for my trailer which I was just gonna spend the night at the customer which is what we have to do all the time. The shipping clerk said I had to have this trailer gone by midnight so I had to drive off duty all the way to Kingdom City where I finally got some rest.

This week is just full of stupid rules.

No comments: