Sunday, October 24, 2010

Diet of a trucker!

Instead of trucking I am gonna blog about my diet stuff. First of all my bike in my truck is getting it's use but I could be on it more. It's hard to get motivated after a full 11 hours driving. I like to start early in the AM so I decided that when I am waiting to be unloaded or loaded I will ride it. So of course my company for the last three weeks has given me loads that were drop and hook or turn and burns so hardly any sitting, but I will get on it.

Diet. I am not on a specific diet but I am actually watching and recording everything I eat. I found a cool website that I can access on my phone that gives me calories of anything I eat. I am trying to keep it under 2000 calories a day. What I learned is that even though I have cut out 90 percent of bad foods I was still eating around 3000 a day.

So I have made some adjustments and I am at least on the right track. I have lost 4 pounds in the last couple of weeks which is about right. I have reduced processed food (ie made in a factory) by 95%. I avoid any foods containing nitrites (example, hot dogs, sausage, deli meats, etc). Vegetables and fruit I eat are raw for the most part. The big part that has really helped is me keeping a food journal.

What have I noticed? My mood swings are almost all but gone. I haven't felt this clearheaded since I was on Wellbutrim several years ago. My energy is getting higher both physically and mentally. Now when I see fast food I think of how it will send me to depression so it's way easier to avoid. The words of "What's the point?" have disappeared. Also the majority of my calories are in the morning now and that has helped. In the last two weeks I have had only one day over 2000 calories and it was a special occasion.

Now I just need to stay on course and bring up my activity level. I will post updates here. I figured if I have to answer to my friends and family who read this I will stay on course.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job man....keep up the good work.

Bubbas Blog said...

I hear you about watching what we eat found your blog Little Trucker I hear about having a small budget I started a free web site Bubba's Corners but like you where do find the time. drop and hook can keep one humping well take care Bubba649