Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"working"

So It's been a hell of a week and a half. After my rare trek to Bismark, ND I actually made it to the house for the weekend. Monday at 3am I was off to Kansas City to a cave then I ran into a familiar run. The infamous KC to Salt Lake City, UT run. Normally there is barely any time on this run but because of our elog situation I guess we convinced the customer to give us three days to run instead of two. Three days to do 1100 miles equals to 366 miles a day which means a real yawner of a run. I do enjoy the scenery though.











I get a return load to KC and then I am off to Waxahachie, TX and I had a preplan to get reloaded at the same place. The bad part was it was going to a Home Depot and the appointment time hasn't been decided on yet. First weekend I have had to work in awhile. I hung out with a friend in Dallas after getting loaded. I had plenty of time to get to Little Rock so I shut down just 15 miles from the customer at the Benton Pilot. I sat and sat until monday night. My appointment has finally been made for ten pm. I get there about 8pm to give them a chance to get ready for me. Something told me I was in for a long night. How long. I finally was empty at 6AM.
My next load was to Springfield and I was given a load to Wisconsin where I sit again. Trucking is fun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was the friend in Dallas Robert Lowe or King Diamond?

Terry said...

Trucking is fun!!! ABSOLUTELY ;-)

doomytunes said...

Burch I wish. Although I am gonna demand a load to ft worth next time Solitude Aeturnus plays.