Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Finally.........

I know that the title of my blog says I am a trucker who plays in a death metal band but I rarely blog about the band happenings. That's because not much was happening due to other things in our lives that has made the band take a back seat. So after no playing out for over a year we finally have a gig set up. It's no ordinary gig, it's a gig opening up for the legendary death metal band Obituary from Florida.

This is a huge deal for me because Obituary was one of the first death metal bands I ever heard back in 1989 and I have been hooked since. I would have never imagined that I would finally get to share the stage with them. Their first album Slowly We Rot still gets me in a mosh mood after 20 years.


Not too long ago the Vocalist and drummer put out another project called Tardy Brothers that has the coolest cover for someone in my profession.




So there you go. My band will be playing at The Marquee with Obituary and our friends Vore (thanks for the help Page!)on June 5th which is a saturday. I can't wait.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool. I ought to be able to go, but I'm not 100% sure yet.

Terry said...

That is so awesome Steve!! ABSOLUTELY!!