Thursday, April 1, 2010

That was close!!

Thursday, April 01, 2010

Since I had a 5am appointment time I thought it would be best to put 8 hours in the sleeper berth which will let me go to Associated Grocers or AG for short without a log violation. Then I would gain some hours after a 2 hour break which I knew this place would probably take that long to unload me. I had it all planned out.

I show up on the off ramp that goes to AG where all the trucks line up at about 3am. I see trucks going in so I figured I would call to see how early they could get me in. After all my dispatcher said they would probably take 6 hours. I was told 4am and to turn my CB radio to channel 16. As I am sitting there like a dufus I hear on the radio "Now taking all trucks!" I was over there before the other drivers could probably get out of their sleepers. Within Minutes I was docked annd I hit the bunk. Just two hours later I wake up to someone knocking on my door. I was done.
Woohoo!!

I make my way to the yard and drop my empty. Then the overnight guy sees that I have some hours so he gets me a Macon, GA load. Due to my 14 hour clock that was running I had to haul arse. I did a quick fuel up in Oak Grove, KY. I did some math. If I can maintain an average speed of 60 MPH I can make it to Monteagle to shut down and only use up 4.5 hours tomorrow before I get to Macon.

Well Nashville had other plans. After a surprise early start to rush hour I found myself looking in my truckstop book for the next possible shutdown place. I decided that my elog would get me to MM 114. This is what I had left when I set my brakes.



Tomorrow starts at 2am. Yup. Hopefully tomorrow I will get a back haul to Springfield so I can spend Easter with my family.

Oh yeah 3rd night in a row of free internet. Cool.

No comments: