Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Everything's Better In Texas

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

On my way to the mall I stopped at the yard yesterday I mentioned to my new dispatcher how much I like running in Texas. I even went as far as telling him I could be dedicated there if given the chance. So he whipped me up a load of dunnage going to a beer place in Ft. Worth and took me off the Illinois load he had me planned on. Good.

With our off-duty driving taken away this job has become a lot more challenging. But I sense change in the air. Halfway to Texas I get my next assignment. I am picking up in Grand Prairie in the morning and it goes to Springfield, MO for Thursday morning. HOPEFULLY the beer place will have me unloaded in good time where I can shutdown and have enough time to brave Dallas morning rush. I got unloaded within the hour and I am resting at the loves just a few miles away with no HOS violation. Good deal.

No comments: