Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Not quite New York

Well it's been awhile since I have blogged here. Mainly I haven't had much to say while being around the internet and I am sure the typical trucker stories were getting boring. But mostly I haven't been around the internet.

Last week I played around the Wisconsin area after one turn and burn in Texas. For several days I experienced nothing but cold blowing nonstop rain between WI, IL, and MO. I almost went into shock when I saw the sun saturday morning but I had a run going to New Jersey from Jefferson City, MO and couldn't take a full advantage of the weather. It made for a nice drive into the Newark area though. This run took me closest to New York City as a driver. Everything went well and my new load was to be picked up in PA.

Since I have been a busy beaver I am sitting in Ohio until midnight due to me only having two hours left of my 70. I will gain just enough to make it to my destination of MT. Pleasant, IA. Yay me. I think I will work on a video today.

This trip has been interesting. Besides the Jersey thing I saw a black bear on the side of the road. I also ran into a friend/ex-coworker who got into trucking inspired by a talk with me. I thought he would deck me but no we talked shop and showed off our rides. What started as a quick trip to get a sandwich turned into an hour long break. After leaving the Pilot I was running with a group of trucks that kept the conversation interesting on the CB and a lead truck with a good radio to warn us of the smokeys sitting at the bottoms of hills to get speeding trucks. It made the miles go fast. I like that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You might wanna avoid New York and PA for the next few weeks, they're gonna be at each other's throats.

Terry said...

Hmmmm.. I too, have been playing AWOL somewhat on the interwebs, BUT, after reading how close you got to My Favorite City, I decided, that I, will, maybe, (dont hold your breath)

but well......

I am starting to work on another video, It may take awhile, but it will be something you have never seen before...MAYBE..(maybe, as in work on the video) LOL