Sunday, September 6, 2009

Inside Crystal Mountain

You know this blog post was gonna be long but I have decided that I am feeling lazy and just give you highlights of my 3400 mile week.

Monday I had several drop and hooks after I got the tires unloaded. Four trailers ended up in my pretrip sheet. It felt like real work for a minute.

Tuesday I drive 650 miles to Eau Claire, WI. Four hours to unload. Went to truck stop and hit the bunk.

Wednesday picked up a load in Shakopee, MN that went to Springfield, MO.

Thursday delivered the Springfield load and pulled a turn and burn going to a suburb of Milwaukee, WI.

Friday I dropped my trailer at customer and then had to go into the heart of Milwaukee to pick up one of those dreaded XTRA Lease trailers and then deadhead to Stevens point, WI for a load that went to Jefferson City.

Saturday I drove the rest of the way to Jefferson City, dropped my trailer, gabbed an MT and deadheaded home. I said hello to my oldest daughter who was celebrating her 18 birthday. (YIKES)

Saturday night my wife and I went out on a date (with each other this time, HA!) and had some good mexican food. Afterwords we met up with some friends and had some drinks.

Oh and I took two vacation days so I don't need to be in the truck until wednesday.

Everyone have a good labor day weekend. Oh and enjoy this awesome picture of a mountain of broken glass that was at the glass place in Shakopee where I picked up this week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i WAS WONDERING ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS OF HAVING AN I8 YR OLD!! LOVE YOUR WRITING.. GOOD JOB

margaret allington said...

i WAS WONDERING ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS OF HAVING AN I8 YR OLD!! LOVE YOUR WRITING.. GOOD JOB