Monday, July 13, 2009

Shaking the cobwebs off.

Finally my band got a practice in. You see when I am not grinding gears in my truck I make music. Well some consider it noise but I call it music. Death Metal is an acquired taste. I like all kinds of music but the old-school thrash and death metal is what gets my blood flowing.

I was kind of worried that my band might be getting impatient with me because we haven't practiced in a looong time. But everyone seemed ok. With no call from dispatch we finally get in a long needed jamming session. Sometimes I will plan on a sunday night practice and then I will get a call from work telling me I need to leave ASAP.

This music is a mental release and a physical release. It puts one in the zone. We were doing pretty good last night. We have been working on a new song and it is kicking butt. It felt good and I am reasonably in a decent mood this morning. Although as I type this I am wondering when dispatch will call.

We also discussed doing a video so some works are gonna go into that. The best low budget idea I had was to film each of us playing the song and then it's just a matter of editing. We will see what happens.

For those of you who want to know what my noise sounds like go to www.myspace.com/apneadeathmetal
If you listen to Freewheelin' on the Road Dog channel (Satellite radio) you may have heard me as Snorelord call in on the show. One time they even featured the band and played a few seconds of my noise on there. Because of the show I learned I wasn't the only trucking metal head out there.

Thanks for reading...time to make a phonecall so I can go back to being a trucker.

No comments: