Sunday, April 7, 2013

Boycotting Pilot and Flying J

How about an update eh? Well I have managed to gain weight. I was off track. It is to the point that I feel I need to do something drastic to detoxify me from my addictions with the foods. I wholeheartedly believe that processed, restaurant, and fast foods have chemicals in the ingredients that create the addiction. I know that studies show corn syrup is one of those components. It basically whacks the hormones off course. Some people our more prone to it than others. Going primal/paleo is my only choice. Luckily I have an ally from an unusual place. Pilot/Flying J Travel Centers. Yes you read that correctly. Here is why. When I first started driving Pilot and Flying J were separate entities. Flying J for the most part was better. They had a fresh deli where one can buy salads, carrots, celery, fresh sandwiches etc. Pilot only sold Hot dogs and egg rolls. When Pilot bought out the Flying J I figured the fresh stuff was gonna go away. But the merger actually improved things to a certain point. BUT in the last year I have noticed that things have gone down hill and greed is taking over. It's all little things but they are adding up. So little that I am not sure if anyone else has noticed. Here are some examples: Prices have gone up. They are in that supermarket racket where you can save money by using their card. The problem with that is that I see my points get used when I have already payed cash on occasion. Next the quality of food is way worse. I used to get the chicken wings. They used to be good. Over the last 6 months they have gotten smaller. I asked a Pilot manager and he even admitted that they have been getting smaller. I asked why and he just said "cheaper". In the past if you bought fuel you got a free coffee. Then it turned into "buy 4 get the 5th free." Now it's buy 9 and get the 10th free. Coffee is almost 2 bucks now so if you buy $18 worth of coffee you get one free. The worst part is the coffee used to be good. I don't know if they have switched sources or what but the coffee sucks now. It's not worth a dollar. The wifi you pay for sucks and does not work half the time. The stuff that is still good (like the pizza)is incredibly bad for you. So my thoughts are why give this corporation another dime of my cash. So here is my move. I am no longer buying food there. It's overpriced and lame. I will eat strictly out of the truck. I will make my own coffee. In fact I will use their coffee machines for hot water for my tea. I will fill my thermos up. That is until they start charging for hot water. I am boycotting Pilot/Flying J. You see my company says it's mandatory to fuel there. So I can't avoid them all together but every time I stop and don't spend money inside it will be like giving them the finger each time. Other than fuel and cat scale tickets I will not spend another minute in their ridiculously long lines at the register. My showers are free so I will still take advantage of that. My last purchase I used my points to buy another cooler. So now I have one for meats and one for fruits and veggies. This boycott will save me money, save me calories, and save me the stress of dealing with their "the driver is not first priority" mentality. Pilot can stick it. So at times when I am feeling hungry my hatred for them will be the fuel I need to beat this addiction. Thank you Pilot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there just wanted to give you a quick heads up.
The text in your content seem to be running off the screen in Firefox.
I'm not sure if this is a formatting issue or something
to do with web browser compatibility but I thought I'd post to let you
know. The style and design look great though! Hope you get the issue solved soon. Cheers

Also visit my web site search engine optimization ()