Friday, November 23, 2012

New Post yay!!!!

Well I am still alive. Things have changed in my world keeping me from blogging and doing some new videos. So let's do an update. First things at Transland are going great. The company has bent over backwards for me. During Truck Driver Appreciation Day I got to chat with the President of Transland. one on one we chatted about training, driver retention, the state of the economy and such. It was going so well that sales, fuel and planning were all at the table conversing. All was going well until another truck driver came in and started griping about small things that Transland doesn't even have anything to do with, Like wifi at the Pilots etc. Within minutes the table cleared because while I was giving an important two cents the other driver's bitchfest had completely turned everyone off including my self. Sigh. They were actually listening too because I mentioned that new lines needed to be painted for trailer parking and low and behold it was done. My videos are now mentioned during orientation. My picture shows up as one of the drivers the new guys can refer questions to. I have somewhat become an advocate of sorts. The model driver of Transland. Now I am not a fool. I realize that I am not gonna get some custom truck in my name and the boss isn't up at nights worrying if I am gonna quit or not. I am not delusional. But they are happy with me and I am not going anywhere. I think it opened their eyes that ALL the trainees that I have trained are still driving but for someone else. When I mentioned that to El Presidente' it might have created a spark. Time will tell.I did just finished training a new guy so let's see how he does. So in other news the band finally has a show booked for January 4th. Our new songs are coming along nicely. I can't wait to start recording. I have a video project in mind that is playing in my head for a new trucking video. It's gonna be kinda artsy like the In My world Video. Just getting it done will be the challenge. So that's it for now. I will do a health update soon.

1 comment:

Danielle Luko said...

Great post, Steve. I really enjoyed reading it. Way to go with the positive attitude regarding your work and your band. Positive going out equals positive coming in. Keep paying it forward with the good training sessions, and your efforts will continue to be rewarded with good karma. Merry holiday Christmas, new year and birthday to you and yours.