Saturday, July 31, 2010

Where did July go?

Again my blogging suffers but I have been BUSY. Theoretically anyway. I got home for the fourth of July and then my eight year old son was gonna be my co-driver for a week or two.

Our first destination was all the way to El Paso, TX. A city I haven't been in for 20 years. This would actually take us through a big part of New Mexico which would be a new state for Eddie. We stayed ahead of the thunderstorms in Oklahoma just barely and had a good trip into the Texas border town. Next load assignment was from Las Cruces, NM to Olathe, KS. Another good trip with no problems except I noticed a small weird noise coming from my APU.

We get empty in Olathe and then I get my next load. Kansas City to BUCKEYE, AZ!! I was ecstatic. I have been wanting to get a load to my old home of Phoenix, AZ for the whole two years I have been with my company. I finally get my wish and I get to take my son with me. We would arrive Sunday afternoon where we would get to visit my sister in Tempe and swim in their pool. After hanging out in the pool we had dinner and went back to the truck. I found the battery low alarm on and the truck not feeling very cool. My APU was about to crap out.

After a long night of dealing with the heat, the apu, and my truck shutting off after 15 minutes, we make our delivery and I call the shop. After my next pick up I was to take the truck to a shop and get the idle shutdown shut off so I can idle the truck until I can bring it into the yard to get the APU fixed. Something our shop was supposed to do but didn't.

We picked up in Tollison, AZ and it went to Springfield, MO. Due to my 70 rolling over we had all week to do it. We get to springfield Thursday. I drop my son off and I get one more load going to TX and back before I get my APU fixed. In the end Eddie did 4700 miles with me and the stretch of I40 from AZ to Sgf, MO was one that my Dad and I did when I was young.

The rest of July was me dealing with slow freight and more APU problems but eventually I make it home.

No comments: