Friday, March 5, 2010

Graveyard Shift

This week has been fun. Started Monday at 3am. Delivered Tuesday in Virginia. Deadheaded to Mechanicsburg, PA and had to run all of tuesday night/wednesday am to deliver in OH. Picked up in OH and had to leave Thursday at 2am to get to McDonough, GA by Friday am. Then I picked up in Alabama where I only made it to just south of Birmingham before my 14 ran out. Tomorrow I head back to Springfield with a start of 2am. Next week looks to be the same because I will be leaving for Texas about 3am Monday morning after my 34 hour reset.

Advantages to this shift, less traffic, easy to find parking after my driving time is up. Disadvantages, all my phone friends are sleeping and I have no one to talk too. Oh well. I am probably just annoying them anyways. At least I haven't seen the Black Dog.

2 comments:

Terry said...

Awwww Doomy...Too bad you are pulling the early shift, you are only 1.5 hours away and I aint getting up at 4am just to buy you breakfast...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.