Sunday, March 21, 2010

Easy Breezy

If every week was like this I might be inclined to say I love my job.

Monday am I had to drive a whole 70 miles to Camdenton, MO where I delivered in a tight area but was done in good time. Then I drove to the yard where I was given a load going to Mechanicsburg, PA. I was about 20 miles from Carlisle when I heard on my CB "Transland you got it on?" "Yes." I replied. "You are dragging your trailer airlines." Sure enough I pulled over and the spring that holds the airlines off the ground was broke and I had already was losing air from the ground making a hole in one of the lines. So I hauled tail to the Petro in Carlisle. I waited in my line for three hours. Once I pulled in the bay the repair was done in ten minutes. It took longer to deal with the paperwork than the repair if you subtract the three hour wait. I finished my drive to the customer and hit the bunk.

Wednesday I got unloaded. My next load was to meet one of our drivers and finish his load that was a double stop. One in Auburn, NY and then Foxborro, MA. So I headed for the Pilot, took a nice shower and got some resting time. About 3pm the other driver arrives and I head out for a short 275 mile run. I make it to the mall where we deliver and hit the bunk. Unload time was 5am thursday. On the way there I learn that I get the load of returns from the Foxboro customer and it went back to Springfield. Holy hell yeah.

This whole week I have been blessed with clear blue skies and 70 degree weather. I slept at the customers' lots instead of a noisy dirty truckstops. Instead of waiting to be loaded I got to relax and just wait for my next trailer. The difference was I knew exactly what the load was going to be, I knew exactly when I was gonna get the load, therefore I was able to get a shower in and do a few spring cleaning things inside my truck.

The irony is that on the first official day of spring I hit bad weather inside my own home town. After being in the northeast with perfect spring weather I don't get to enjoy any when I get a day off. Instead I get an ice storm. oh well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah the weather turned to shit here pretty quick. All hail Spring.

Terry said...

Now you know why I LOVE my job sooooo much. No guessing. I know everything upfront and the only delays I have are traffic. THANKS for leaving the beautiful weather in New England. It was actually warmer here yesterday than it was in Disney World all week.

Terry said...

You know..Everytime I see the Title to this post. I think of the old Easy Breezy Beautiful Covergirl commercials.. Could you please post something new now? THX