Friday, May 23, 2008

Week 5

This week started with a sunday time of about 3pm. A load going to Allen, TX. My trainer drove and we slept at the shipper. The next morning I am the one who bumped the dock which thanks to the touchy clutch I hit harder than I should have done with the trainer in the sleeper. oops. He didn't give me too much hell and was joking about it.

Next we Deadhead to Dallas in the middle of rush hour where we had a pick up time of 9am. We got there at 905 and bumped dock after cleaning trailer out. It was just in time because this place was tight but no trucks were docked yet. Five minutes after we get docked about five more trucks approached each having a harder time docking due to the disappearing space. The load is going to Ok City and off we go. When we get to Ok. city we arrive at shipper and had to go through this elaborate security gate. ( I suppose it was too much to pay a guard at a booth like other places. At the gate is a phone. The person tells us that recieiving has been moved to the other side of the building. It took my trainer 15 minutes to turn the rig around in a space meant for city pup trucks. We get to the other side and finally deliver. We eat lunch while being off loaded and I go search for a bathroom. After the security doors and a chaperone practically. I get my relief and we head BACK to the other side where we were to pick up a load. We get assigned a door and bump dock. Three hours later my trainer goes in to see why were weren't loaded yet. After a discussion I feel the truck rattle and we finally get loaded. Apparently some one messed up on communication. Jeez. After were loaded we scale at a local Pilot and I get to drive all the way back to Springfield. I get to sleep in my own bed and arrive the next morning at the yard.

Tuesday is uneventful and we head for our next destination. I drive all the way to Muskogee, OK and do a d/h. My trainer drives back to the yard in springfield. I get another night in my own bed. Because the trailer we are taking isn't due back to the yard until midnight and delivery was only a couple of hours away.

Wednesday I get to the yard at 5 am and we head to Van Buren, AR. MY trainer drives and we get off loaded by lunch time. At this point I get to deadhead to Muskogee again and we do a D/H and I drive to springfield. My trainer requested thurs through sunday off for a fishing tournament so my week is done.

We don't leave until Monday and I think we are headed for NOLA. My trainer also told safety I was gonna be done by June 5th and to hopefully get me a truck by then. I am shooting for either a Pete or KW but I might end up with a Volvo so who knows. Two more weeks.

No comments: